Prof. Asghar Akbari was born in 1962 in Esfahan, Iran. He received his B.Sc., degree in 1988 from Tehran University, M.Sc. degree in 1991 from the Polytechnic University and Ph.D. degree in 1998 from Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran, Iran, all in Electrical engineering.
Since 1998 he has worked as an assistant professor and the member of academic staff of K.N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran. From April 2000 to February 2002, he worked as a guest scientist (Post Doctoral fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation of Germany) for the Schering Institute of High Voltage Techniques and Engineering at the University of Hannover, Germany.
He has performed several research projects and has published many technical papers in national and international conferences and magazines respectivly.
- Post Doc: Leibniz Universität Hannover, Schering-Institut, Hannover
- Ph.D: Electrical Engineering, Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran
- M.Sc: Electrical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran
- B.Sc: Electrical Engineering, Tehran University, Tehran
- High Voltage
- Electrical Insulation and dielectrics
- Monitoring and Diagnostic of high voltage apparatus
- Partial Discharges
- Modeling and computer application in power systems